Thank you all for attending our Rally last month. If you were not there, you missed a great time. The weather cooperated and was great during the day. The dinner boat tour was a hit; we received many compliments about the tour. The guided rides were well led, and everyone made it back. We added a dinner and a show this year, which was a blast. I thank you for all the roses I received from all my secret admirers.
A few awards were handed out, Laura and Ken Peche from Chapter A became Senior Chapter Directors, Ken Peche received the Rider Educator of the year, and Chapter A received Chapter of the year Bronze certificate. Dave and Jill Krizizke were presented with their Senior Chapter Director Merit award from National, and Marge and I became Senior District Directors.
I do not want to miss anyone, but those that volunteered to help make the rally a success, we THANK YOU.
On October 17th we are having an OCP Course. The OCP or "Officer Certification Program" is presented to help all members better understand how GWRRA operates and why.
Topics covered are:
- Memorandum of Understanding /Confidentiality Agreement and Oath of Office,
- GWRRA Structure and Organization,
- The importance of Chapters, Chapter Teams, Web Pages and Newletters,
- How we handle Finances and the IRS,
- How we deal with Religion, Politics and Fundraising
- Special Interest Groups,
- The Area Report,
- Couple of the year and Chapter of the Year
- Marks, Logos, Patches, Alcohol Policy, Property Standards of Conduct,
- Grievances, Complaints, Officer or Member misconduct
- Effective Teams and Goal Setting.
Until next month...
Jerry & Marge Hempe
Wisconsin District Directors