CHAPTER G NEWS – MARCH, 2018
Chapter Social Date: Sunday March 25.
Social Location: WaterStone Bank, 6560 S. 27th St. Oak Creek
Time: 3:00 PM
Chapter Website: www.gwrra-wig.org
ACTIVITIES FOR MARCH:
1. Friday March 2 through Sunday March 4 is our annual Winter Get-away at the Best Western Baraboo Inn, 725 W. Pine St. Baraboo WI. This is one of our most enjoyable events every year. The number for reservations is 608-356-1100. Be sure to tell them you’re with chapter G so you get our group discount.
2. Wed. March 14 - 8:30 AM. ROMEO breakfast ride. The March destination is Genesis Restaurant located at 3740 S. 108th St.
3. Wed. March 21 at 5:30 PM. Monthly dinner ride. The destination for March is Los Mariachis Mexican restaurant located at 4305 W. Layton Ave. in Greenfield.
4. Sunday March 25. Chapter G social at 3:00 PM. As usual we’ll meet at the WaterStone bank at 6560 S. 27th St.
1. Wednesday April 11, 7:45AM. ROMEO breakfast ride. If the weather is good (POSSIBLE IN APRIL-BUT NOT LIKELY) we’ll meet at the KwikTrip on 51st and Rawson and ride to the restaurant. Otherwise just meet at the restaurant at 8:30. The destination will be picked at the March social
2. Wednesday April 18, 5:30PM. This month our dinner ride is to HuHot Mongolian Grill, 3021 S. 108th St. West Allis. As usual just meet at the restaurant at 5:30.
3. Sunday April 29, 3:00PM. Chapter G social at WaterStone bank 6560 S. 27th St. Oak Creek.
FROM THE DIRECTORS:
March is here so riding season is just around the corner. While March sometimes gives us a hint of Spring’s arrival, it’s often more of a tease than actual warm sunny days. What it really does is give us a chance to get the bike ready for riding season. We can work on it in the garage without freezing. It also prepares us for April.
Most years we get at least a few days in April where we don’t have to be Nanuk of the North to be able to enjoy a ride on the bike. It’s also the chance to find a nice empty parking lot and knock the rust off the riding habits which have atrophied over the winter.
For us in Chapter G, the first weekend in March is also one of our most anticipated events. Starting on Friday March 2 and going through Sunday March 4, we’ll be holding our annual “Winter Get-away” at the Best Western Baraboo Inn (see the information above). It’s a fun time for all who attend. We have lots of fun, fellowship, and good food. And every year Kristen Harding (our honorary chapter G member) always finds enjoyable and interesting things to do in area.
At our Feb. social we had a great time with our annual “Chili Dump” and this year we enjoyed something new. We had a matinee movie presentation, complete with popcorn. The movie (Wild Hogs) was hilarious and definitely appropriate for us bikers. However, we certainly have to hope none of us ever have the kind of “miss-adventures” they did.
We’re looking forward to seeing you this month and all year long.
Rich and Sharon Winkler
Chapter G directors
Happy March Birthdays: Bob Gorecki – 2nd; Noah Borkenhaggen – 19th; Pat Kuenstler – 20th; Tom Ballmann – 29th.
Happy March Anniversaries: Noah & Lynn Borkenhaggen – 22nd; Tom & Kenlee Ballmann 29th.