CHAPTER G NEWS – August, 2018
Chapter Social Date: Sunday August 26 .
Social Location: WaterStone Bank, 6560 S. 27th St. Oak Creek
Time: 3:00 PM
Contact: Rich & Sharon Winkler, email@example.com or 414-477-2138
Chapter Website: www.gwrra-wig.org
1. Wed. 8/8 at 7:45AM. ROMEO breakfast ride. The destination will be chosen at the July social. If the weather is good we’ll meet at the KwikTrip on 51st & Rawson and ride to the chosen restaurant. If not just meet at the restaurant at 8:30.
2. Thurs. 8/9 – Sun. 8/12 – WI/MN district ride to the Mich. UP.
3. Wed. 8/15 at 5:30 PM. Dinner ride to Mulligans Irish Pub & Grill located at 8933 S. 27th St. in Franklin. As usual we’ll just meet at the restaurant.
4. Sat. 8/18 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Annual Chapter G Corn roast/Picnic and Chapter Challenge at Jackson Park picnic area #10 in Milwaukee. The park is located between 35th & 43rd streets and Forest Home & Lincoln Avenues.
5. Sunday 8/26 at 3:00 PM Chapter G monthly social at WaterStone bank at 6560 S. 27th St. in Oak Creek.
1. Wed. Sept. 12. ROMEO breakfast ride. The destination will be chosen at the August social. If the weather is good we’ll meet at the KwikTrip at 51st & Rawson at 7:45 and ride to the chosen restaurant. If not just meet at the restaurant at 8:30.
2. Fri. Sept. 14 – Sun. Sept. 16 – Annual FALL FLING at Konkapot Lodge near Bowler WI.
3. Because we’ll just have gotten back from Konkapot there will not be a September dinner ride
4. Sunday Sept. 30. September Social. 3:00 at the WaterStone bank located at 6560 S. 27th St. in Oak Creek.
FROM THE DIRECTORS:
Wow is the summer flying by. Of course when you’re a Wisconsin motorcycle rider it always does. Then Winter lasts FOREVER!
We have some busy months coming up.
To start with a couple of our members are planning to join the Minn./Wisc. Districts ride to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan from the 9th – 12th. It sounds like it will be a great ride and lots of fun.
Shortly after we get back from the UP we have our annual Corn roast/Picnic on the 18th. We’ve again challenged all the chapters in the state to an athletic competition in Jartz and Ladder Ball, with the beautiful Chapter Challenge trophy at stake.
We’ve been assured that at least chapter N will bring a group of aspiring athletes to try to take back the trophy. We would of course love to see members from many other chapters join us as well. We will supply the brats, buns, soda, and corn. Everyone else is asked to bring the traditional Wisconsin “dish to pass”.
We’d appreciate it if anyone who wants to join us for the picnic would let us know a week in advance so we can know how much food to buy.
Then in Sept. we have one of the most anticipated Chapter events of every year. It’s the annual Fall Fling to Konkapot lodge near Bowler WI. It’s always a great time for relaxing and just having a good time with our fellow members. This year, as usual, we’ll have a Friday night shrimp boil and Saturday night turkey fry and ham bake. This year, however the chapter will provide all the food, so members won’t be charged anything for the meals.
As can be seen from the information above, August and September are going to be busy months. The emphasis the national leadership wants put on more riding and less of the “other stuff” seems to be taking hold here in Wisconsin.
We’re really looking forward to seeing many chapter G members, and people from many other chapters, join us this summer and fall and really turn it into a great time for riding and making friends.
Rich & Sharon Winkler
Chapter G directors
Happy August Birthdays: Kathy Hickman – 3rd; Willie Maybone – 5th.
Happy August Anniversaries: NONE