CHAPTER G NEWS – October, 2018
Chapter Social Date: Sunday October 28 .
Social Location: WaterStone Bank, 6560 S. 27th St. Oak Creek
Time: 3:00 PM
Contact: Rich & Sharon Winkler, firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-477-2138
Chapter Website: www.gwrra-wig.org
1. Wed. Oct. 10, at 11:30AM - monthly ROMEO LUNCH ride. The destination will be chosen at the Sept. social. If the weather is good we’ll meet at the KwikTrip – 51st & Rawson and ride to the destination. Otherwise just meet at the restaurant at 12:00.
2. Wed. Oct. 17. At 5:30 PM - October dinner ride to Pappa Luigi’s Pizza located at 3475 E Layton in Cudahy. As usual we’ll meet at the restaurant.
3. Sunday Oct. 28th - October Social. 3:00PM at WaterStone bank 6560 S. 27th in Oak Creek. This month we’ll do the Circle Tour drawing.
1. Wed. Nov. 14 - 8:30 AM. ROMEO breakfast ride. The destination will be picked at the October social. Rather than meeting at the gas station we’ll just meet at the restaurant at 8:30.
2. Because the third Wed. of the month is the day before Thanks Giving day, we will not have a November dinner ride.
3. Sunday Nov. 25 – 3:00 PM, November Social at WaterStone Bank – 6560 S. 27th St. in Oak Creek.
FROM THE DIRECTORS:
It’s October which more or less signals the end of our riding season.
True we often get really great riding weather in October, but by the end of the month it’s pretty clear that winter is drawing near and it will soon be time to winterize the bikes till next spring.
All that being said, let’s take full advantage of the riding time that’s left this fall! We could find some great roads to explore the great colors we’ll be seeing this month and have a great time riding.
At our October social we’ll do the circle tour drawing. The rules are the same as always: For each correct answer from the tour you’ll draw one card. The total number of points you get from your cards will determine your score. (Aces=11pts; face cards and 10s=10pts; all other cards equal the number of points on the card.)
September was a great month for riding, and all the events we traditionally do then. Our breakfast and dinner rides were good, but the highlight of the month is our annual Fall Fling.
As we’ve done for many years now we held it at Konkapot Lodge near Bowler. The weather was fantastic (not a drop of rain and it was wonderfully warm), the food was excellent, and the camp fires were super. It was nice to be able to enjoy the fires without having to rely on them to keep us warm.
As always the staff was really great to us, and we had the added benefit of being able to see our good friend Toni all weekend. She even came back and joined us for the fire on Saturday night. All in all, it was about as good as it could have been.
We’re hoping to set up a color ride for the chapter this month, so keep an eye on the website for details.
Hoping to see you this month and every month for the fun we have when we get together.
Rich & Sharon Winkler
Chapter G directors
Happy October Birthdays: Anna Werth – 8th, Rich Winkler – 16th.
Happy October Anniversaries: Art & Pat Kuenstler – 14th