CHAPTER G NEWS – March, 2019
Chapter Social Date: Sunday March 31
Social Location: WaterStone Bank, 6560 S. 27th St. Oak Creek
Time: 3:00 PM
Contact: Rich & Sharon Winkler, firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-477-2138
Chapter Website: www.gwrra-wig.org
1. Fri. March 1 – Sun. March 3 – Annual Chapter G Winter Get-away. Best Western Baraboo Inn, 725 W. Pine St. (old Hwy 12) Baraboo WI
2. Sat. March 9 – 12 Noon - Chapter N challenge – Duck Pin Bowling – Koz’s 2078 S. 7th St. Milwaukee.
3. Wed. March 13, 8:30AM ROMEO Breakfast ride to Mimosa, 9405 S. 27th St. Franklin. Since it almost certainly won’t be riding weather yet, just meet at the restaurant at 8:30.
4. Wed. March 20, 5:30 PM – Monthly dinner ride to Erv’s Mug, 130 W. Ryan Rd. Oak Creek. As usual we’ll meet at the restaurant at 5:30 for some good food and great companionship.
5. Sunday March 31st 3:00PM. Chapter G Social, WaterStone Bank,6560 S. 27th St. Oak Creek
1. Wed. April 10 – ROMEO Lunch Ride – Ameli’s Restaurant and Pizzeria, 16201 W. National Av. (Hwy ES), New Berlin. Meet at 11:30 for lunch and a fun get-together.
2. Wed. April 17 – March Dinner Ride - Hideaway Pub & Eatery, 9643 S 76th St, Franklin. As usual meet at the restaurant at 5:30.
3 Sunday April 28 at 3:00 PM - Chapter G Social – WaterStone bank 6560 S. 27th St. Oak Creek
FROM THE DIRECTORS:
Well, we’re now a whole month closer to riding time.
March is often a teaser month. Sometimes it gets fairly warm and we think we’re almost in spring, and then winter roars back and reminds us that we live in Wisconsin. At least the daylight hours are really increasing and it’s obvious that we’re past the worst of winter.
We had a very busy month of March. It started with our annual Winter Get-away in Baraboo which went well (thanks, as usual, to Christen) and included the Duck Pin bowling challenge from Chapter N. There will be more information on that in next month’s newsletter.
One of the great things about the month of April here in Wisconsin is that we always get at least a few really nice days (compared to Jan. & Feb.), when the more hearty among us get the bike out on the road and knock off some of the rust that developed on our riding skills over the winter. A little individual “Parking Lot Practice” is always a good thing in early spring.
Things will really start to liven up next month when the riding season actually gets going. There will be more and more rides and other events coming in May, and once June arrives we’re in full swing.
Really looking forward to all that!
Rich & Sharon Winkler - Chapter G directors
Happy March Birthdays: Bob Gorecki – 2nd; Noah Borkenhagen – 19th; Pat Kuenstler - 20th; Tom Ballmann – 29th.
Happy March Anniversaries: Noah & Lynn Borkenhagen – 22nd; Tom & Kenlee Ballamann – 29th.