CHAPTER G NEWS – February, 2019
Chapter Social Date: Sunday February 24
Social Location: WaterStone Bank, 6560 S. 27th St. Oak Creek
Time: 3:00 PM
Contact: Rich & Sharon Winkler, email@example.com or 414-477-2138
Chapter Website: www.gwrra-wig.org
1. Wed. Feb. 13th 11:30AM – 1:00PM ROMEO Lunch ride to Mazo's Hamburgers 3146 S. 27th St. Milwaukee. That’s just south of Oklahoma Av. on 27th St.
2. Wed. Feb. 20th - 5:30PM to 7:30PM February Dinner ride. We’ll meet at On the Clock Bar & Grill 4301 S. Howell Av. Milwaukee.
3. Sunday Feb. 24th February, 12:00PM – 4:30PM. Chapter G Social and Annual Chili Dump. We’ll meet as usual at the WaterStone Bank at 6560 S. 27th St. in Oak Creek.
1. Fri. March 1 – Sun. March 3 – Annual Chapter G Winter Get-away. Best Western Baraboo Inn, 725 W. Pine St. (old Hwy 12) Baraboo WI
2. Sat. March 9 – 12 Noon - Chapter N challenge – Duck Pin Bowling – Koz’s 2078 S. 7th St. Milwaukee.
3. Wed. March 13, 8:30AM ROMEO Breakfast ride to Mimosa, 9405 S. 27th St. Franklin. Since it almost certainly won’t be riding weather yet, just meet at the restaurant at 8:30.
4. Wed. March 20, 5:30 PM – Monthly dinner ride to Erv’s Mug, 130 W. Ryan Rd. Oak Creek. As usual we’ll meet at the restaurant at 5:30 for some good food and great companionship.
5. Sunday March 31st 3:00PM. Chapter G Social, WaterStone Bank,6560 S. 27th St. Oak Creek
FROM THE DIRECTORS:
For some reason, even though it is in fact the shortest month of the year, February usually seems to take forever. Part of it has to be that we’re really tired of winter but there doesn’t seem to be an end in sight. We also often get some of the coldest days of the year in February.
One consolation is you can actually see that the nights are getting shorter and the days longer.
We want to thank Mark Hansen for stepping up and accepting the position of chapter Treasurer. It’s an essential position (without a treasurer the chapter would have to disband) and we truly appreciate Marks commitment. Also thank you to Dan Gorecki for the years he held the position and the work he did for the chapter.
Our Holiday party on January 5 was a great success. Everyone had a really good time, the food was excellent, and the fellowship was wonderful. (And it turns out we were lucky we booked it when we did. Sprecher’s closed permanently the next Wednesday.)
We’re back in the swing of things again with the end of February and the beginning of March
being filled with fun things for our members to participate in.
Our annual Chili Dump lunch comes in conjunction with our Feb. social (2/24). The very next weekend (3/1-3/3) we hold our annual Winter Get-away in Baraboo. As always, Christin has some interesting and enjoyable things planned for us. Then, on Sat. 3/9, Chapter N has challenged us to a Duck Pin bowling tournament, with the Chapter Challenge trophy riding on the outcome.
The trophy has been in chapter N’s possession since last August. It’s time for it to come back home to chapter G where it belongs.
As you can see, even though we can’t ride together yet, we’ve still found many ways to spend time with our chapter G friends. It’s what makes being part of GWRRA so worthwhile.
Why not join us and find out how fulfilling it can be to participate in so many different things with your fellow Wingers.
Rich & Sharon Winkler
Chapter G directors
Happy February Birthdays: 25th B.J. Parrot
Happy February Anniversaries: NONE