CHAPTER G NEWS – June, 2018
Chapter Social Date: Sunday June 26.
Social Location: WaterStone Bank, 6560 S. 27th St. Oak Creek
Time: 3:00 PM
Contact: Rich & Sharon Winkler, firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-477-2138
Chapter Website: www.gwrra-wig.org
1. Wednesday June 13th. ROMEO LUNCH RIDE. This month we will again meet for lunch rather than breakfast. If the weather is good we’ll meet at the KwikTrip on 51st & Rawson at 11:15 and ride to the Route 76 Diner located at 7510 W. Layton Av. Otherwise we’ll just meet at the diner at noon.
2. Saturday June 16th 11:00 AM to 3:00PM - Chapter G Fund raiser in conjunction with the Sportland 2 open house and bike show. We’ll again be serving brats, hotdogs, soda and all the fixings. We’ll need all the help we can get so please plan to join us for some fun and fellowship.
3. Wednesday June 20 meet at the KwikTrip, 51st and Rawson at 4:00 PM and we’ll ride to the Mine Shaft Restaurant 22N Main St. Hartford WI. If the weather is bad just meet at the restaurant at 5:30 PM.
4. Sunday June 24th 3:00 PM – Chapter G social at WaterStone bank, 6560 S. 27th St. in Oak Creek.
EVENTS FOR JULY
1. Sunday July 8 – Brunch ride to Fox & Hounds. Meet at the KwikTrip at I-94 and Hwy 83 at 11:00AM. Then we’ll ride to the restaurant located at 1298 Fries Lake Rd. Hubertus.
2. Wed. July 11, 7:45 AM. ROMEO breakfast ride. If the weather is good we’ll meet at the KwikTrip on 51st & Rawson and ride to the restaurant. The destination will be chosen at the June social.
3. Wed. July 18, at 5:30PM. Dinner ride to Parkside 23 located at 2300 Pilgrim Square Dr. in Brookfield.
4. Sunday July 29 Social – 3:00 PM at the WaterStone bank located at 6560 S. 27th St.
FROM THE DIRECTORS:
First of all, we want to wish our long time member John Hickman a speedy recovery from the cancer surgery he underwent in late April. We’ve talked to John, who is feeling better, but he still has a ways to go to get back to normal. John, our thoughts and prayers are with you.
At our May social we had an interesting discussion about finances. While not safety related, it certainly was educational.
June is here so summer as truly and sincerely arrived. We lived through a pretty cool May, but at least there were a few really nice days for riding. Hopefully by now all the winter rust is knocked of our riding skills and we’re back in the swing of things.
June is going to be a pretty busy month for chapter G. We’re doing a few things differently this month. Our ROMEO (Retired Old Motorcyclists Eating Out) ride on Wed. the 13th, will again be a lunch ride as it was in April. We’ll meet at the gas station on 51st and Rawson at 11:15 AM and leave at 11:30 and ride to the Route 76 Diner 7510 W. Layton.
Our supper ride, on Wed. the 20th, will be a little different this month as well. Instead of just meeting at the restaurant we’ll be riding to Hartford together to the Mine Shaft restaurant. That’s a longer ride than usual. Weather permitting we’ll meet at the KwikTrip at 51st & Rawson at 4:00 PM and take a nice ride. We’ll be eating at 6:00 PM instead of our usual 5:30.
Sandwiched between those two rides, on Sat. the 16th, is our annual Fund raiser brat fry in conjunction with the Sportland 2 open house and bike show. We’ll need all the help we can get to make the event a success, but we’ve always had a great turnout from our members and it’s become a fun event. We really hope to see you all there.
Happy June Birthdays: Sharon Winkler – 1st, Dan Gorecki – 12th, Gene Lingford – 21st.
Lots of Happy June Anniversaries: Rich & Sharon Winkler -8th, Bill & Bev Shaw-Jones – 16th, Terry & Anna Werth – 18th, Bob & Ginny Schattschneider – 21st, John & Kathy Hickman – 24th.