CHAPTER G NEWS – July, 2018
Chapter Social Date: Sunday July 29.
Social Location: WaterStone Bank, 6560 S. 27th St. Oak Creek
Time: 3:00 PM
Contact: Rich & Sharon Winkler, firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-477-2138
Chapter Website: www.gwrra-wig.org
1. Sunday July 8 – Brunch ride to Fox & Hounds. Meet at the KwikTrip at I-94 and Hwy 83 at 11:00AM. Then we’ll ride to the restaurant located at 1298 Fries Lake Rd. Hubertus.
2. Wed. July 11, 7:45 AM. ROMEO breakfast ride. If the weather is good we’ll meet at the KwikTrip on 51st & Rawson and ride to the restaurant. The destination will be chosen at the June social.
3. Wed. July 18, at 5:30PM. Dinner ride to Parkside 23 located at 2300 Pilgrim Square Dr. in Brookfield.
4. Sunday July 29 Social – 3:00 PM at the WaterStone bank located at 6560 S. 27th St.
1. Wed. 8/8 at 7:45AM. ROMEO breakfast ride. If the weather is good we’ll meet at the KwikTrip on 51st & Rawson and ride to the chosen restaurant. If not just meet at the restaurant at 8:30.The destination will be picked at the June social.
2. Thurs. 8/9 – Sun. 8/12 – WI/MN district ride to the Mich. UP.
3. Wed. 8/15 at 5:30 PM. Dinner ride to Mulligans Irish Pub & Grill located at 8933 S. 27th St. in Franklin. As usual we’ll just meet at the restaurant.
4. Sat. 8/18 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Annual Chapter G Corn roast/Picnic and Chapter Challenge at Jackson Park picnic area #10 in Milwaukee. The park is located between 35th & 43rd streets and Forest Home & Lincoln Avenues.
5. Sunday 8/26 at 3:00 PM Chapter G monthly social at WaterStone bank at 6560 S. 27th St. in Oak Creek.
FROM THE DIRECTORS:
We are going to miss two long time members in Terry and Anna Werth who are moving to Florida this month, although we’ll be happy to see Anna occasionally until September.
We were really thrilled to see John Hickman join us at our June ROMEO lunch ride. It’s great to see that John has recovered sufficiently from his surgery to be getting around again.
June is in the rearview mirrors already. Boy did it ever fly bye. It certainly provided us with a mixed bag of weather. There were some absolutely fantastic days for riding, and then a share of cool and wet days which weren’t so favorable for two wheels.
Although it started out looking a little iffy, the weather for our fundraiser on the 16th turned out to be great.
Thanks to the help of our usual dedicated members (and a couple of “honorary” members who drove down from Baraboo) we had a great time and worked like a well oiled machine. We did quite well this year too.
The frozen custard at Kopp’s that the chapter bought for the crew tasted great after a long hot day.
We want to thank the members from other chapters (F, H, & N for sure, and any others who made it down) for supporting chapter G.
Our dinner ride to Hartford to the Mineshaft got a nice break weather wise too and went quite well.
With the addition of a brunch ride to the Fox & Hounds on July 8 and our usual ROMEO breakfast ride and dinner ride we’ll be spending some good time on the bikes.
Then in August we really hit our stride. There are the usual breakfast and dinner rides, but additionally there is a two district (MN & WI) ride to the UP of Michigan, which a couple of chapter G members will be joining.
We will also have our annual Corn roast/Picnic on the 18th. We’ve again challenged all the chapters in the state to an athletic competition in Jartz and Ladder Ball, with the beautiful Chapter Challenge trophy at stake.
We’ve been assured that at least chapter N will bring a group of aspiring athletes to try to take back the trophy. We would of course love to see members from many other chapters join us as well. We will supply the brats, buns, soda, and corn. Everyone else is asked to bring the traditional Wisconsin “dish to pass”.
We’d appreciate it if anyone who wants to join us for the brunch ride and picnic would let us know a week in advance so we can make a reservation and know how much food to buy.
As can be seen from the information above, July and August are going to be busy months. The emphasis the national leadership wants put on more riding and less of the “other stuff” seems to be taking hold here in Wisconsin.
We’re really looking forward to seeing many chapter G members, and people from many other chapters, join us this summer and really turn it into a great time for riding and making friends.
Rich & Sharon Winkler
Chapter G directors
Happy July Birthdays: Art Kuenstler – 1st.
Happy July Anniversaries: NONE